Through this article, we will give you an overall picture of network slicing simulation methods. Let us start by understanding the enhancement of 5G models. The technology of fifth-generation mobile communication or 5G is being implemented in many parts of the world. The objectives of 5G networks directly impact its requirements. The different network characteristics like rate of data, scalability factors, and delay influence the 5G network prerequisites. The technology of network virtualization determines the 5G network slicing.
Which capabilities make 5G works differently?
The performance of a 5G network is analyzed based on a high fidelity model approach. Researches in 5G networks revolve around making advanced features for supporting the functioning of 5G enhanced mobile broadband or eMBB. The technologies that 5G models support are mentioned below
- Tackling the battlefield (reduced possibility to detect and increased opposition for jamming)
- Ability to support various quality of service requirements of the 5G infrastructure
- The customized approach in MIMO standards
- Determination of interference path loss and effects of threatening nodes (with high accuracy)
Usually, researchers seek expert guidance regarding the enhancement of 5G models and simulation. Our experts are rendering entire research support to scholars and students from all over the world. Now let us see in detail about network slicing.
What is Network Slicing?
Network slicing is the mechanism through which a network is built and maintained to meet the user demands. The network is divided into a different logical set of networks for this purpose. The sole purpose of logical networks is to comply with service (QoS and QoE) demands. The logical networks should also so incorporate accurately configured network components that are connected (end to end)
Though there are many other aspects of 5G network architecture, network slicing plays a key role. Its advantages are huge that it takes deep research to understand. We provide technical support from the basics to the advanced level of understanding. Now let us see about the network slicing benefits.
What are some of the benefits of network slicing?
The major function of network slicing is the transformation of the network based on the following criteria
- Separation of the components of logical networks from the physical network
Finally, the working efficiency of the whole network is enhanced. The use of advanced technologies in network slicing simulation to enhance 5G network architecture is encouraged these days. Before understanding the deep research studies in network slicing, it is essential to look into its functioning.
HOW IS NETWORK SLICING DONE?
Network slicing is done by transforming a holistic network into a group of logical networks in a shared infrastructure. The purposes of every logical network vary with the business for which it is used. Do you know the major aspects of a logical network?
- Proper configuration
- End to end connection
- Consisting of all resources for network functioning
The provisions of network slicing derive more interested researchers into the field. We have been providing research reference data from authentic sources, ensuring the researcher’s freedom to delve deep into their network slicing simulation topic. So you can approach us to get access to benchmark references for your research. Now let us look into the two types of network slicing.
TWO TYPES OF NETWORK SLICING
Network slicing can be done in two ways – horizontal and vertical. The types are different based on their objectives and constituents. Let us see details of network slicing types below.
- Horizontal network slicing
- End to end network slicing
- Virtualization modularity and flexibility are the two supporting factors
- The same services or used for various segments of customers
- Similar devices have several slices that are similar too
- Internet of things applications pertaining to factories and consumers
- Virtualization-based enabled with ample storage, networking, and computing (distributed)
- Vertical network slicing
- Creation of slices specific to use cases (associated with verticals)
- Specific vertical requirements
- Several slices for several different services (within vertical)
- Logistics slices
- Factory slices
- Robots and automated vehicles (self-driving)
- Physical resources
- Virtual resources
For the past few years, students are highly motivated to do projects in 5G networks and the aspects related to it, including the network slicing types. As we have been in the field of 5G research guidance since its introduction, we are very well qualified and trained to guide you throughout your research journey. Now latest understand more about the various levels in network slicing.
DIFFERENT LEVELS OF NETWORK SLICING
- Network-level: all network infrastructure slicing
- Infrastructure level: using visualization methods to slice the elements of physical networks (processors, antennas, memory, and BSs)
- Spectrum level: also called link virtualization. Slicing can be done on different components like frequency, space, and time multiplexing (or overlaid access)
Simulation tools are used to identify the problems in network slicing. We have used many simulators and have gained huge experience in handling these tools. So you can talk to our experts about any doubts regarding all kinds of simulators.
- End-to-end 5G network Emulator features
- This emulator help in overcoming the issue of isolation of slices (based on priority)
- Reduced latency and enhance the performance (for applications involving advanced priority)
- NS3 simulator
- Improvement in latency demands
- Enhanced the efficiency
You can also get technical support like code implementation, instrumentation, etc., from our research experts regarding any simulation tool that you opt for. You can totally rely on us to get your research queries solved. Now let us see some of the major constraints of network slicing.
IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS OF NETWORK SLICING
A researcher’s work shall be to devise novel methods to overcome the functioning constraints of network slicing, as mentioned below.
Quality of service:
QoS requirements are compromised for a reduction in complexity, which poses constraints on use case flexibility. Management and implementation costs are also the limitations.
Supportive to various types of devices and traffic:
Microburst data type is created out of the maths internet of things applications. Increased reliability and bandwidth are necessary for AR and video analytics
Reliability in wireless infrastructure:
The questions of scalability, mobility, and flexibility come into play in sensitive real-world applications. So in most cases, wired networks are preferred
Issues of scalability in the future:
Higher quality by avoiding congestion is insured by over-provisioning or provisioning based on peak traffic. But a significant network update demands the inclusion of unpredictable scenarios of traffic and novel use cases
Limitations in mobility:
Mobility management is a huge limitation on network slicing. Access point handovers are less reliable in present-day wireless networks.
Already in our research journey, we have encountered many research issues that arose as a result of these limitations. The reputation that we earned among research scholars worldwide is primarily due to how we devised reliable solutions to such issues and limitations. Now let us see some more about the challenges in network slicing.
WHAT ARE 5G NETWORK SLICING CHALLENGES?
5G networks are actually logical networks deployed on common physical infrastructure. Various services are provided by a dedicated network that is kept stable. The reason behind such work is the complete separation of the end-user data plane and control plane. Understanding the 5G network slicing is not a big deal while its implementation is. The following are the common 5G network slicing challenges.
- Issues of security and isolation
- Isolation related to the quality of service and quality of experience in 5G networking is a great challenge in network slicing
- Fine and coarse-grained functions
- Chaining the interface is done using coarse-grained functions
- Slice network flexibility is reduced while defining the chain
- The raw issues of scalability occurring due to reduced adaptability
- Radio access network virtualization
- Various base stations are essential for radio access network functioning compared to radio access technology
- Load balancing based on slicing fulfills the RAN configuration
- Management of traffic with quality of service is a challenge
- The success of end-to-end communication in 5G networking and RAN configuration is quite hard to achieve
- Resource allocation
- Issues of compatibility and quick mobility are the major challenges in 5G network slicing.
- Because support to mobility is extended only to a few slicing techniques
- Establishing a connection with each network slice is also a challenge
- End-to-end slice orchestration
- Mapping and slicing has to be efficient in the generation of trivial slices
- Adaptability and deployment of services should not have any limitations
- The virtualization functionality is limited due to failure in slice orchestration
New technologies have come into place for rectifying 5G network slicing challenges as well. So researchers consider it necessary to have a wide knowledge of all emerging technologies that impact 5G network slicing. We are here as a one-stop solution to all your searches. We make your work easier than before by providing you with the details of your research project topic by giving you massive sources of authentic data and necessary detailed explanations on different aspects you need. Let us now have some understanding of the different simulation tools using network slicing.
NETWORK SLICING SIMULATION TOOLS
Different technologies are implemented using different simulation techniques. This difference occurs due to the variation in objectives for which the technology is used. The following are the major simulation tools involved in network slicing operations.
- Assignment of resources based on the predefined contract – OPNET simulation
- Embedding requests – no implementation tool available
- Optimum allocation of resources for fair use – Matlab simulation
- Load balancing (multicell slicing) – OPNET simulation
- Dynamic embedding – any simulation
- IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi)
- Slicing (air time fairness) – Matlab simulation
- Slicing air time control under EDCA parameters for resource allocation in uplink and downlink – QualNet simulation
- Slicing (air time control) under EDCA parameters and traffic shaping, slice scheduling for uplink and downlink resource allocation, respectively – Wi-Fi prototype (real)
- Air time control – MATLAB simulation
- Testbed isolation of experiments (slice scheduling) – Real in orbit testbed
- Client visualization for traffic shaping in downlink – real, Wi-Fi prototype
- Multiple experiments (concurrent) for traffic shaping in downlink – real in orbit testbed
- IEEE 802.16 (WiMAX)
- Framework for slicing (flow and slice scheduling in-app link and downlink) – real, WiMAX prototype
- Slice isolation
- Involving slice scheduling, traffic shaping, and sustained rate control for uplink and downlink, respectively – real, WiMAX prototype
- Involving traffic shaping in downlink – real, WiMAX prototype
- Slicing framework for a slice and flows scheduling in both uplink and downlink – real, WiMAX prototype
- Air time fairness for traffic shaping in downlink – real, WiMAX prototype
For a detailed explanation of all the above simulation tools, you can directly contact our technical team to get to know the merits and demerits of different simulators. We always stay with the researchers beyond their research journey to guide and motivate them for future research. In this regard, we have brought up some of the essential aspects of the 5G network simulation future research below.
FUTURE RESEARCH DIRECTIONS OF NETWORK SLICING
Apart from network slicing, there are other technologies that you need to look into 5G network simulation.
- Massive MIMO: a variety of antennas for Multiple Input Multiple Output sliced design interaction is still under research. Parallel and simultaneous transmission by multiple slices is possible by a MIMO slicing interface.
- Multimeter wave: a scarcity of spectrum can be overcome by utilizing high frequency and millimeter wavelength spectrum. Denser and indoor deployment of communication is established by creating an impact on path loss (and no good wall penetration)
- Offloading and ultra-densification: it has a huge deployment of base stations, offloading methods for traffic redirecting
5G is one of the fastest booming fields of study. It is taking us to the brink of next-level communication. As a result, final year students and research scholars show their interest in 5G network simulation these days, especially in network slicing simulation area. Get in touch with our team of engineers who gained vast knowledge and experience by rendering 5G network research guidance for researchers from top universities of the world. Your success and satisfaction are our objectives.